Sure, everyone wants to lead a healthier life, but often you find it hard to commit to it. It’s always easier to give in to indulgent eating, for example.
Being healthy doesn’t always have to be hard work! Take a look at these 5 simple tips to keeping yourself healthy every day.
- Clean your hands. Doing so can save lives! Washing your hands with soap and water will prevent the spread of many respiratory and diarrheal infections from one person to the next. You can use a hand sanitizer if washing isn’t possible. Just make sure it contains at least 60% alcohol. Make sure you do this before and after preparing food or eating.
- Drink hot water. Keeping yourself properly hydrated has already been shown by studies to play an important role in maintaining healthy bodily functions. The general rule is to drink at least half of your body weight in ounces. Did you also know that drinking hot water has a number of health benefits? Hot water helps you relax, aids digestion, and even facilitates weight loss.
- Get a good amount of sunlight. The sun actually makes you feel good. “The sun works through a number of receptors in the brain to affect our mental status and alertness,” says Dr. Michael Roizen, Chief Wellness Officer at Cleveland Clinic, Ohio. The vitamin D boost you get from moderate sun exposure also promotes bone growth and strengthens the immune system.
- Make some colorful preparation. Making fruits and vegetables a part of your regular diet is definitely vital in keeping yourself healthy. The abundant vitamins and minerals help you maintain healthy weight, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, and prevent heart diseases.
- Detoxify daily. Basically, detox diets get rid of toxins in your body, resulting to a healthier life. It is in others words a way of helping your vital organs perform better by removing pressure brought by toxic elements we get from the environment and even from our diet. Proven benefits of detoxification are better immune system, weight loss, clearer skin, improved cognitive functions, and slowed signs of aging, among others.
Making these little healthful choices every day can go a long way. Take care of your health daily, and you will surely reap benefits that can go a long way.