Recipe Samples to Support your Body During the Cell Renewal Process for Life Extension
Wild Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash
- (use organic whenever possible)
- 1 large acorn squash (or another variety of winter squash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- Â¾ teaspoon ground dill seed
- 4-5 green onions
- 3 cups cooked wild rice or wild rice/brown rice blend
- ½ cup lightly toasted hazelnuts or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Cut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down on a lightly greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F until tender (about 25 minutes).
- Chop mushrooms, onions and parsley. Mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and dill seed. Sauté 1-2 minutes. Stir in green onions, parsley, rice and 1/3 cup of nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon stuffing into baked squash, press into cavity with back of spoon and pile it high.
- Arrange stuffed squash in baking dish and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until squash is steaming and the nut topping is lightly crisp.
- Arrange on platter and serve.
- Serves 2-4