Our featured smoothie is loaded with ingredients that help you lose weight the healthy way. Yes, you can still achieve that bikini body, and you can start with this surprisingly tasty blueberry detox smoothie.
What Is Blueberry?
Considered as one of the ‘superfoods,’ these wild berries of North America are packed with many healthy benefiting properties. Blueberries have been shown to promote digestive regularity, cardiovascular health, and brain health through safe and natural detoxification process.
With their tarty flavor blends, they work perfectly with a number of dishes like muffins and cheesecakes, among others. These fiber-rich berries help protect cells in your body from free-radicals that cause premature aging and other health complications.
Amazing Benefits of Blueberries
These tiny berries pack a nutritional punch. One serving (a cup) of blueberries contains only 80 calories and contributes essential nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, dietary fiber and phytonutrients called polyphenols, to the diet,” Natalie Rizzo, MS, RD.
Take a look at this list of its remarkable benefits:
- Antioxidant – The blue color of this berry is due to the abundant presence of anthocyanin. This powerful antioxidant helps cleanse the blood of free radicals, and thus protecting form various health threats including cancer. In fact, it is known to contain the highest level of antioxidants so that it does not only help your cardiovascular system but also protect you against neurodegenerative diseases and digestive diseases.
- Immune System Boost – A study done by Oregon State University found that blueberries contain pterostilbene which helps the human immune system. It does this by raising the activity of a gene called cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide (CAMP), which plays a key role as body’s first line of defense against infections.
- Improved Brain Health – Regular intake of blueberries have been shown to boost brain health. Blueberries help reduce risk of oxidative stress in the nerve cells to help them function smoothly. These amazing berries help improve memory and slows down risks of age-related cognitive diseases
- Weight control – These berries can actually reverse the adverse effects of a high-fat diet. A research by the University of Eastern Finland found out that blueberries have beneficial effects on blood pressure and nutrition-deprived inflammation. Low-grade inflammation and increased blood pressure are associated with obesity-related diseases.
Blueberry Detox Smoothie
Serving: 1 Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 frozen cup of wild blueberries
- 2 plumes
- ¼ avocado
- ½ juiced lime
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup water
Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Cleanse the Natural Way
Natural food supplements are shown to help in the detoxification process. LifeBotanica’s Detox Complete is an all-natural, pure product that is clinically proven to promote total body cleanse. This means that Detox Complete works at cellular level, not just colon cleansing, so that it is more efficient in eliminating toxins from the body.
LifeBotanica’s Detox Complete works by assisting the liver and kidneys in removing toxic wastes from the body. By cleaning these overworked organs of your body, they in turn perform at their peak capacity, restoring your health and energy.
Get your best shape with LifeBotanica’s Detox Complete!