Recipe Samples to Support your Body During the Cell Renewal Process for Life Extension
Herbal Detox Tea
Our herbal detox tea is one of the most important parts of a successful whole body detox diet. The medicinal herbs in this tea will enhance your body’s ability to detox effectively by supporting and strengthening your detoxifying organs.
- (use organic whenever possible)
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 2-3 inches fresh ginger root
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons dandelion root (dried)
- 1 tablespoon burdock root (dried)
- 2 sticks, or 2 tablespoons of crushed, licorice root (dried)
WARNING: Licorice may raise blood pressure. If this is a concern for you simply make the tea without the licorice.
- 3 tablespoons milk thistle seed powder
- ½ cup nettles leaf (dried)
- Slice ginger into a few big chunks.
- Combine ginger, dandelion, burdock, licorice and cinnamon with the water in a medium sauce pan and cover.
- Bring water to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add nettles leaf and milk thistle seed powder. Stir gently. Cover and let steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and enjoy.