Recipe Samples to Support your Body During the Cell Renewal Process for Life Extension
- 1 cup rolled oats, steel-cut oats or oat groats (not quick or instant oats)
- 3 cups of water
- Pinch of sea salt – optional
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup raisins or fresh diced apples
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup ground nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
- Natural sweetener to taste, such as honey, grade B maple syrup, stevia or agave nectar top with rice, almond or oat milk – optional
- Boil water and sea salt in a saucepan, then turn down heat and add the oats.
- Stir regularly and cook for allotted time (rolled – 15 minutes, steel-cut – 30 minutes, oat groats – 90 minutes).
- Add the raisins or apples, cinnamon and vanilla when 5 minutes left to cook.
- Turn off heat and stir in the flax seeds and nuts. Cover and let sit for several minutes.
- Add sweetener, top with fresh fruit, and serve with rice, almond or oat milk.
- Serves 2
- If using a pressure cooker, add the water, oats, fruit, cinnamon and vanilla to cook for the allotted time (rolled – 5 minutes, steel-cut – 10 minutes, oat groats – 30 minutes), then add the flax seeds, nuts and sweetener.
- Try other dried or fresh fruit as long as they have no added sugar. Dried coconut flakes are a favorite; just make sure they are not sweetened.
- Oats often contain residual gluten from processing. If you are sensitive to gluten you may find that oatmeal in the morning can make you feel sluggish through the day. As always, listen to your body and pay attention to what works for YOU.