Recipe Samples to Support your Body During the Cell Renewal Process for Life Extension
Cinnamon Apple Granola
- (use organic whenever possible)
- 2 ½ cups regular rolled oats
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 apple diced
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup grade B maple syrup, agave nectar, juice concentrate or brown rice syrup (see natural sweeteners)
- ½ cup safflower, sunflower oil or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well until entire mixture is moist.
- Spread evenly over two baking sheets.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Stir or flip with a spatula after 15 minutes of baking.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container. Granola will become crunchy while cooling.
Makes 10 cups Variations:
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, brazil, macadamia
- Fruits: apples, coconut, blueberries, raisins, pears, figs, dates, cherries, cranberries, acai berries, Coji berries
- Seeds: pumpkin, sunflower, flax, sesame, chia, hemp
- Spices: cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, cardamom, nutmeg